Dated: December 06, 2017
Circular No. 2015-17/43
Public Notice: ELECTION SCHEDULE
Dear Residents of Greater Kailash-II
We, the Election Committee , in exercise of the powers vested upon us by the RWA vide their letters dated 06.02.2017 & 23.11.2017and the Constitution Of GKII Welfare Association, hereinafter referred to as ‘Constitution’, hereby issue code of conduct and procedure for the GK-II Welfare Association. Our endevour is to conduct free and fare elections.
The elections to the GKIIWA for the Term 2017-2019 (i.e. the term would end on 31.03.2019) shall be held on 24/12/2017 at Arya Samaj Mandir, GKII, New Delhi. The Timings for Voting would be from 09:30 AM to 2:00 PM.
- Appointment of RO and Co-RO: As is known, the elections scheduled to be held earlier on 16.04.2017 for this term could not be held due to the unfortunate circumstances, the RO and CO- RO appointed, then have since resigned. This has necessitated the appointment of new Returning Officer and Co Returning Officer which have to be non partisan, independent and educated. After due deliberations, we are pleased to appoint Sh.H S KALRA as RO and Sh. Avadhesh Mathur as Co-RO for the Conduct of these elections to the RWA.
In order to ensure transparency and free and fair elections, the new team of RO and Co-RO would act according to the code of conduct as laid down in accordance with the Constitution. Since it is a new process with new RO and Co-RO, all the decisions taken by the earlier teams would stand redundant and null and void.
- Finalization of Voter List: The Voter List, frozen as on 28.02.17, will be the basis for this election. This list has been provided to us by the RWA, duly authenticated by the outgoing General Secretary as per the Constitution. This list is displayed at the RWA Office at E-124, 3RD Floor, GK-II, New Delhi. Any omissions or objections may please be pointed to the RWA in writing in their Office by 11.12.2017 by 5:00 pm.
The Final Voters List after amendments, approved by the Election Committee and given to the RO/Co-RO would be the basis for this election and no corrections or amendment would be entertained thereafter. Only voters in this final list would be allowed to contest and cast their votes. One person can cast only one vote.
- Elections Schedule and Programme:
- Receipt of Nominations-From 12.12.17 TO 14.12.17(3Days) between 11.30 am to 2.00 pm
- Withdrawal of Nominations-15.12.17 by 1:00 pm
- Scrutiny of Nominations and Final List of Contestants- 15.12.17 by 4:00 pm.
- Voting -24.12.2017 between 09:30 am to 2:00 pm at Arya Samaj Mandir, GKII, New Delhi.
- Counting of Votes- 24.12.2017 after completion of Voting and announcement of results.
- Procedure and eligibility for Nominations etc. The entire process of filing of nominations, withdrawals and final scrutiny etc would be held in the office of the RWA at 3rd Floor, E-124, GKII, New Delhi. The nominations forms can be collected from RWA Office.
The Contestants would be required to file nominations accompanied by the Proposer and Seconder in person in the RWA Office, along with the necessary documents of proof of residence and identity, any out of Aadhar Card, Passport and Election I Card. The Contestant, the Proposer and Seconder should be valid members of the Association and their name should be in the Final Voters list. Contestants for Block Secretary and Representatives should have Proposers and Seconders from the same block. The candidate would need to sign on the register along with the Proposer and Seconder in order to maintain transparency and fairness.
No Member of the GKIIWA who has been a member of the executive committee for 2 terms (viz. 4 years) for the same post can file his nomination for the same post. He can however, file his nomination for a different post. He should be 18 years and above and should not have been declared insolvent by any court of law.
The RO and Co-RO would receive these nominations and conduct the entire process in the RWA Office only. The contestants are strictly advised to desist from visiting the RO and Co-RO and Election Committee members at their residences in connection with any election related work or procedure etc.
The candidates are advised to apprise themselves of the Constitution which is available in the RWA Directory of 2017 (Latest) from pages 114 to 122.
Scrutiny of Nominations received shall be done and final list prepared by 15.12.2017 as stated above. The Contestants teams would be allotted Team Colors mutually acceptable thereafter.
- Voting Timings and Casting of Votes :
- The election voting time is 09:30 am to 2:00 pm and the entry for the Elections would be closed at 2:00 pm sharp. However the voters inside the Mandir Premises and in queue and waiting to cast vote shall be allowed to cast their vote. However, the Voters are requested not to wait till the last minute i.e. 2:00 pm and instead reach the election venue much before 2:00 pm. to comfortably cast their vote.
- No Proxy voting shall be allowed and voters have to be physically present. For identification and verification, they must carry proof of residence/identity. Any one of Original Aadhar Card, Original Voters ID Card or Original Passport would need to be shown for issue of ballot paper and casting of vote.
- An indelible ink mark would be applied on the left index finger. The voters are requested to exit the voting hall immediately after casting the vote.
- The handicapped and very old frail voters would be given preference for casting their vote.
- Counting of Ballots and Announcement of Result: Post Voting of Ballots, the Counting will begin in the presence of two members of each team who would be authorized by their respective Presidential Candidates, who would not interfere with the counting and not create any hindrance.
The counting of the votes by the RO/Co-RO shall commence tentatively at 3.00 pm in presence of the Candidates & their representatives. The result shall be declared by the RO and Co-RO after satisfactory completion of the counting.
ALL THE CANDIDATES CONTESTANTS SHALL HAVE TO ABIDE BY THE CODE OF CONDUCT FRAMED BY THE ELECTION COMMITTEE AND RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE GREATER KAILASH-II WELFARE ASSSOCIATION.
FURTHER INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTION SHALL BE ISSUED, AS AND WHEN NECESSARY.
Ashok Gulati Tapan Mukherjee
(Member Election Committee) (Member Election Committee)